DCR Great Blue Hill Family Trek
1904 Canton Avenue, Milton
Thursday, April 20, 1:00pm – 2:30pm
Head for the Hills! Join a DCR Park Interpreter as we trek to the summit of Great Blue Hill, and enjoy an amazing panoramic view of the Boston Skyline and surrounding countryside. We will be exploring the changing habitats as we climb and cover some ‘Hike Safe’ tips as well. Must be able to hike 1 mile on rocky, rugged terrain. Sturdy boots and drinking water recommended. For ages 8 and up. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Meet at the bulletin board at the start of the red dot trail at 1904 Canton Avenue in Milton. For more information, please call (617) 698-1802.
Things to know before you go:
- All programs are free.
- Some parks charge a parking fee. If so, information is in the program description. Check at your public library to see if they have a MassParks Pass to borrow. More info about the MassParks Pass at http://www.mass.gov/eea/agencies/dcr/massparks/passes-and-fees/.
- Dress for the weather by wearing sturdy spring footgear and dressing in layers for maximum comfort.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Carry drinking water and a snack.
- Rain may cancel; please call ahead to confirm.
- Reasonable accommodations are available; call in advance to inquire.