Friends of the Blue Hills
The Friends of the Blue Hills is a volunteer-led organization dedicated to protecting and preserving the Blue Hills Reservation in its natural state and serve as a watchdog of activities that might adversely affect it. To accomplish this we: 1) Advocate for actions that will enhance the Reservation; 2) Encourage involvement in the protection and preservation of the Reservation by all users; 3) Guide enthusiasts in exploring the nearby remoteness of the BHR through educational, historical, and nature hikes; and 4) Work with the Massachusetts DCR to maintain the quality of the Reservation and provide public input for its management.
We are celebrating our 35th year and the growth in membership that we have achieved. We are looking for an individual to help us continue to sustain our current members and help us continue to grow. Because FBH does not have a central office, the Coordinator will work from home. Position is for the summer with the possibility of continuing.
Responsibilities: The Membership Coordinator will be responsible for administrative tasks associated with member communications, including:
- Prepare mailings associated with member communications
- Coordinate mailings with volunteers
- Organize mail-stuffing gatherings for volunteers and members
- Data entry
- Responsible for donor/donation entry, maintaining, reporting in Giftworks database
- Responsible for picking up donor checks, sorting, depositing, and providing information to treasurer.
- Responsible for querying, assembling, and mailing renewal, donation correspondence.
- Maintain the Vertical Response emailing list and send out e-letters and event acknowledgements.
- Coordinate bulk mailing printing, stuffing and PO delivery.
- Responsible for updating the website Events database.
- Attend events and board meetings as needed
- Detail oriented.
- Familiarity with database programs required, Giftworks preferred.
- Self motivated.
- Ability to follow instruction without close supervision.
- Access to own transportation.
- Ability to pick up mail at Milton post office frequently.
- Interest in the Blue Hills or land protection desired.
Hours: Approximately 15 – 20 hours/week, flexible hours, some evening hours required. Position for summer months with possibility of continuing.
To Reply: Send cover letter and resume to: judy@FriendsoftheBlueHills.org or call 781-828-1805 for more information.
The Friends of the Blue Hills is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, national origin, ethnic background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.