DCR Spring Storywalk® at Houghton’s Pond
Houghton’s Pond main parking lot, 840 Hillside Street, Milton
April 15 – April 30 Daily, dawn to dusk
The Storywalk® is self-guided and will be posted through April. A StoryWalk® will be posted at Houghton’s Pond playground in the Blue Hills Reservation, just in time for school vacation. Stroll along the playground edge and share a spring adventure with “Sheep Take A Hike” by Nancy Shaw. This is a terrific opportunity to enjoy a wonderful children’s book while enjoying the great outdoors at scenic Houghton’s Pond. Rain or shine. This Story Walk® can easily be appreciated by children both young and old. Encouraging early literacy and nature exploration in collaboration with Milton Early Childhood Alliance, the StoryWalk® Project was created by Anne Ferguson of Montpelier, Vermont and developed in collaboration with the Vermont Bicycle & Pedestrian Coalition and the Kellogg-Hubbard Library. For more information, please call (617) 698-1802. Located at the Houghton’s Pond playground at 840 Hillside Street in Milton.
Things to know before you go:
- All programs are free.
- Some parks charge a parking fee. If so, information is in the program description. Check at your public library to see if they have a MassParks Pass to borrow. More info about the MassParks Pass athttp://www.mass.gov/eea/agencies/dcr/massparks/passes-and-fees/.
- Dress for the weather by wearing sturdy spring footgear and dressing in layers for maximum comfort.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Carry drinking water and a snack.
- Rain may cancel; please call ahead to confirm.
- Reasonable accommodations are available; call in advance to inquire.