Join us as we celebrate the holiday season at scenic Brookwood Farm. Hot beverages will be provided. Bring a holiday treat to share, if you like. We will enjoy some indoor holiday cheer, and then take a stroll through the farm fields and woods. New walkers always welcome. Meet at Brookwood Farm Conference Center at 11 Blue Hill River Road in Canton. Parking allowed in the upper lot at the back of the property. Follow signs. For info, call 617-727-4573.
Moderate walk, rugged and rocky terrain, 3 miles. Walk the green dot loop via Wolcott, Puddle and Border Paths. Meet at the Trailside Museum NORTH parking lot at 1904 Canton Avenue in Milton. For more info, call 617-727-4573, ext. 4.
Moderate walk, hilly terrain, 3+ miles. Wolcott Path to Wildcat Notch and return via Five Corners. Meet at Houghton’s Pond main parking lot at 840 Hillside Street. For info, call 617-727-4573, ext. 4.
Walks will be led by DCR park staff or a Walking Club volunteer leader.
Moderate walk, hilly terrain, 3.5+ miles. Wolcott Path to Breakneck Ledge to Chestnut Run and Border Path, return via Wolcott Path.
Meet at the Trailside Museum north parking lot at 1904 Canton Avenue in Milton.
Things to know before you go
- Wear sturdy footgear and dress in layers for maximum comfort
- Sunscreen and bug spray recommended
- Carry drinking water on all hikes
- We will hike unless the weather creates unsafe conditions
- If wind and weather conditions are questionable, please call the park contact directly for cancellation updates.