Friends of the Blue Hills
Social Media Coordinator
The Friends of the Blue Hills is a volunteer-driven organization dedicated to protecting and preserving the Blue Hills Reservation in its natural state and serve as a watchdog of activities that might adversely affect it. To accomplish this we: 1) Advocate for actions that will enhance the Reservation; 2) Encourage involvement in the protection and preservation of the Reservation by all users; 3) Guide enthusiasts in exploring the nearby remoteness of the BHR through educational, historical, and nature hikes; and 4) Work with the Massachusetts DCR to maintain the quality of the Reservation and provide public input for its management.
We are looking for an individual to help serve our members and other park visitors by helping to provide insights into the Blue Hills and increase their engagement with the Friends of the Blue Hills. Because FBH does not have a central office, the Coordinator will work from home.
Responsibilities: The Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for administrative tasks associated with social media communications and general operations, including:
- Monitor and schedule posts to social media platforms, as needed
- Track social media analytics and other data
- Post to social media at special events
- Update website, including events and blog posts
- Send emails using Constant Contact
- Attend events and board meetings as needed
- Detail oriented
- Active on social media
- Ability to follow instruction without close supervision
- Access to own transportation
- Interest in the Blue Hills or land protection desired
- Background in graphic design or visual arts helpful
Hours: Approximately 5 – 12 hours/week, flexible hours.
To Reply: Send cover letter and resume to: judy@FriendsoftheBlueHills.org, with the subject line “FBH Social Media Coordinator Application.”
The Friends of the Blue Hills is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, national origin, ethnic background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.