Quincy, MA 02169
Meet at the Quincy Quarries parking lot located on Riccuiti Drive in Quincy.
Look for the large paved parking lot on the right at the top of the first hill. Rain cancels.
Historic Bunker Hill Monument which commemorates one of the first battles of the American Revolution, had its humble beginnings in the rocky hills of the West Quincy. Join members of the Quarry Workers Museum and a DCR Park Interpreter as we witness the amazing engineering feats behind the building of the Bunker Hill Monument. Must be able to walk 1 mile on moderately rocky, uneven terrain.
· All programs are FREE.
· Wear sturdy footgear on all hikes.
· Carry drinking water, sunscreen and insect repellant recommended.
· Children must be accompanied by an adult on all programs.
· We will hike unless the weather creates unsafe conditions.
· For weather updates and cancellations news, please call the DCR Blue Hills
headquarters at 617-727-4573, ext. 3.
· Reasonable accommodations available upon request, with advance notice.