Friends of the Blue Hills
The Friends of the Blue Hills is a volunteer-led organization dedicated to protecting and preserving the Blue Hills Reservation in its natural state and serve as a watchdog of activities that might adversely affect it. To accomplish this, we: 1) Advocate for actions that will enhance the Reservation; 2) Encourage involvement in the protection and preservation of the Reservation by all users; 3) Guide enthusiasts in exploring the nearby remoteness of the BHR through educational, historical, and nature hikes; and 4) Work with the Massachusetts DCR to maintain the quality of the Reservation and provide public input for its management.
You are a great fit for this position if you like technical challenges, love data and are highly attentive to detail. You can develop queries with multiple variables as well as complete mailings by printing and stuffing envelopes. Because the Friends does not have a central office, the Coordinator will work from home.
Responsibilities: The Membership Coordinator will be responsible for administrative tasks associated with member communications, including:
- Responsible for donor/donation entry, maintaining and reporting in eTapestry database.
- Prepare mailings associated with member communications.
- Coordinate mailings with volunteers.
- Organize mail-stuffing gatherings for volunteers and members.
- Coordinate bulk mailing printing, stuffing and PO delivery.
- Responsible for picking up donor checks, sorting, depositing, and providing information to treasurer.
- Responsible for querying, assembling, and mailing renewal, donation correspondence.
- Maintain the Constant Contact email list and send out e-letters and event acknowledgements.
- Attend events and board meetings as needed.
- At least one year of experience developing queries and reports with eTapestry, Blackbaud or a similar CRM.
- Familiarity with mail merge and the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to follow instructions without close supervision.
- Ability to coordinate several projects at the same time and under deadlines.
- Access to own transportation.
- Ability to pick up mail at Milton post office at least once a week.
- Interest in the Blue Hills or land protection desired.
Hours: Approximately 15 – 25 hours/week, flexible hours, some evening hours may be required.
To apply, submit a cover letter, and resume on Indeed. No calls, please.
The Friends of the Blue Hills is committed to cultivating a diverse staff that is representative of the communities we serve. Applications from individuals having diverse backgrounds and life experiences are strongly encouraged.
Photo: Mark Milliken (Braintree)