Blue Hills Photo Contest 2023
The Blue Hills is a natural gem in our backyard… providing habitat for animals, birds and insects… and an amazing natural haven for tens of thousands of people to enjoy. By entering this year’s Blue Hills’ Photo Contest, you’ll help showcase why so many people love the Blue Hills… and why all of us need to help care for it. You can enter up to five photos at no cost and have the opportunity to win great prizes.
You could win one of four prizes!
A $250 gift certificate to Page + Waterman Gallery & Framing in Wellesley, MA will be awarded to the winner of the following categories:
- ‘Popular Vote’ – received the most electronic votes
- Judges’ choice – chosen by a panel of judges
- Subject: What Lives in the Blue Hills (e.g. plants, animals, insects) – chosen by a panel of judges
- Subject: Who Visits the Blue Hills (showcasing park visitors and the activities they enjoy in the Blue Hills) – chosen by a panel of judges
Photo submittal deadline: Friday, September 1, at 5pm. See the rules below.
Photo Credit: Thomas McCaffery (Canton)
A big thank you to this year’s sponsors:
Instructions and Rules
Applicants may submit up to five (5) photos until Friday, September 1, 5:00 pm. All photos must be taken in or of the Blue Hills Reservation. Photos will be approved within 7 days of submission. Once approved, photos will be posted for the public to vote online. Four prizes will be awarded. (See below.) Photos may be submitted and voting continues until 5:00 pm on Friday, September 1, 2023.
Four prizes will be awarded.
Prizes will be awarded for the photo:
- Winning the ‘Popular Vote’ by receiving the most electronic votes (Prize: Patagonia sweater which can be returned for a store credit of $139)
- Chosen by a panel of judges: Subject: judges’ choice (Prize: Patagonia sweater which can be returned for a store credit of $139)
- Chosen by a panel of judges: Subject: What Lives in the Blue Hills (e.g. plants, animals, insects) (Prize: $250 gift certificate to Page + Waterman Gallery & Framing)
- Chosen by a panel of judges: Subject: Who Visits the Blue Hills (showcasing park visitors and the activities they enjoy in the Blue Hills) Prize: $250 gift certificate to Page + Waterman Gallery & Framing
Select photos may also be included in a Friends of the Blue Hills calendar. To enter or vote in the contest, you must complete a short online registration.
Submissions must be received by 5:00 pm on Friday, September 1, 2023.
Photos that have been submitted to a previous Friends of the Blue Hills contest are not eligible. If the photo includes people, written permission of the subjects must be available upon request. Friends of the Blue Hills reserves the right to disqualify any photo or contestant for any reason. All dogs in photos should be on a leash, in accordance with park rules.
By submitting your photographs, you agree to allow Friends of the Blue Hills to use the images in the organization’s educational materials, lectures, publications and nonprofit promotional materials. You also give permission to Friends of the Blue Hills to submit your photo(s) to newspapers and web publications (with credit to you as the photographer). By submitting the photos and signing the submission form, you certify that the image(s) submitted were taken by you and that you have not used part or all of an image taken or owned by another individual, organization, or corporation. You also certify that you have the permission of any people who are clearly visible in the photo, especially children. Friends of the Blue Hills agrees not to transfer, license or sell reproduction rights for your photographs.