Volunteer to Care for the Trails and ForestSign up for trail maintenance, invasive removal and trash pick up!
Thank you for wanting to care for the Blue Hills! In the lower half of the form below, you’ll find the dates of upcoming opportunities to maintain the trails, remove invasives and pick up trash.
If you’d like to sign up, scroll to the calendar below and click on the event you’d like to sign up for. If you’d like to receive email updates when we post new events, fill out the ‘Sign up for Trail Updates’ form.
2023 Trail Maintenance Events
Each year, people like you help to care for over 125 miles of trails and 7,000 acres of forest in the Blue Hills Reservation. See the event dates and sign up above!
How do I get involved?
We are excited to invite you to participate in trail events! To participate in a trail maintenance event, please:
- Read and sign the electronic waiver (you just need to sign once for 2023)
- Sign up for a trail event in advance, using the form above.
- Bring gardening gloves if you have them.
- Bring plenty of water.
- Wear long pants and sturdy shoes, like sneakers or hiking boots.
- Meet people and have fun!
At trail events, you work under the supervision of a trail leader. If you are interested in working on a specific section of trail on your own schedule, we offer the Adopt-A-Trail program.