About the Friends of the Blue Hills
The Friends of the Blue Hills (FBH) is a 1,000-member non-profit organization devoted to preserving and protecting the Blue Hills Reservation’s natural beauty, diverse natural habitats and many recreational opportunities.
The Friends of the Blue Hills was formed in the mid-1970s by a group of people that recognized the vulnerability of the Reservation. For over 35 years, FBH has engaged the public in activities that protect the park by preventing encroachments, increasing park resources and improving park management. FBH’s mission has remained intact over the last 30 years: to protect and preserve the Blue Hills Reservation in its natural state. To accomplish this mission FBH acts to:
- Advocate for actions that will enhance the Reservation and serve as watchdog of activities that might adversely affect it.
- Guide enthusiasts in exploring the nearby remoteness of the Blue Hills Reservation through educational, historical, and nature hikes.
- Encourage involvement in the protection and preservation of the Reservation by all users.
- Work with the MA Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) to maintain the quality of the Reservation and provide public input for its management.
Please read our 2012 Strategic Plan.
Friends of the Blue Hills, PO Box 416, Milton, MA 02186 | (781) 828-1805 | info@FriendsoftheBlueHills.org
[See profiles and photos of FBH staff and Board of Directors members here.]
- Denny Swenson – President – Milton
- Laura Beebe – Vice President – Milton
- Cheryl Weinstein – Treasurer– Sharon
- Rick Kesseli – Secretary – Milton
Trustees at Large
- Hilary Blocker – Canton
- David Dobrindt – Milton
- James Green – Canton
- Bob Mazairz – Newton
- Charlie Maloney – Milton
- Liz Tran – Quincy