Friends of the Blue Hills
Social Media Assistant
The Friends of the Blue Hills is a volunteer-driven organization dedicated to protecting and preserving the Blue Hills Reservation in its natural state and serves as a watchdog of activities that might adversely affect it. To accomplish this we: 1) Advocate for actions that will enhance the Reservation; 2) Encourage involvement in the protection and preservation of the Reservation by all users; 3) Guide enthusiasts in exploring the nearby remoteness of the BHR through educational, historical, and nature hikes; and 4) Work with the Massachusetts DCR to maintain the quality of the Reservation and provide public input for its management.
We are excited to develop content to be shared on social media that aims to deepen people’s knowledge and connection to the Blue Hills. We are looking for an individual to help serve our members and other park visitors by helping to provide insights into the Blue Hills. Because FBH does not have a central office, the Assistant will work from home. Position is for one year with the possibility of continuing.
Responsibilities: The Social Media Assistant will be responsible for administrative tasks associated with social media communications, including:
- Provide administrative support for on-going video series
- Communicate with experts and manage the logistics of interview guests
- Track social media analytics and other data
- Monitor and schedule posts to social media platforms, as needed
- Post to social media at special events
- Update website, including events and blog posts
- Attend events and board meetings as needed
- Detail oriented.
- Active on social media
- Ability to follow instruction without close supervision
- Access to own transportation
- Interest in the Blue Hills or land protection desired
Hours: Approximately 5 – 10 hours/week, flexible hours, but must be available Thursday afternoons. Position for one year with possibility of continuing.
To Reply: Send cover letter and resume to: judy@FriendsoftheBlueHills.org, with the subject line “FBH Social Media Assistant Application.”
The Friends of the Blue Hills is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, national origin, ethnic background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.