Friends of the Blue Hills
Bi-weekly Hike Leader
Friends of the Blue Hills was founded in 1979 with a mission to preserve and protect the Blue Hills Reservation. Thirty-five years later, we’re still maintaining the Reservation’s 125 miles of trails, controlling invasive plants that threaten endangered species, and advocating for policies that protect the park from inappropriate development.
The Friends of the Blue Hills is seeking two hike leaders to guide young children and their parents through the Blue Hills. Programming is aimed at fostering a love for nature and the outdoors, particularly among children. One hike leader will accompany parents with babies in backpacks for a more vigorous walk. The other hike leader will stroll slowly with parents and their toddlers. The successful applicants will lead hikes every other Tuesday from 11 am to noon, year-round, excluding holidays and weather permitting. Leaders may have the opportunity to lead additional hikes as funding becomes available.
Desired skills and experience
- A passion for nature and spending time outdoors
- Experience working with children
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Experience leading hikes a plus
- Knowledge of local flora and fauna a plus
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must be reliable and consistently able to lead the hikes
- All candidates must undergo a background check and be at least 18 years old
Stipend of $15/ hike (1.5 hours)
Please send cover letter and resume to: info@FriendsoftheBlueHills.org with the subject line: Hike Leader Position.