The Friends of the Blue Hills is looking for people who love the park to join its Board of Directors.
About the Friends of the Blue Hills (Friends)
Mission – We are a member non-profit organization devoted to preserving and protecting the Blue Hills Reservation’s natural beauty, diverse natural habitats and many recreational opportunities.
Every year, tens of thousands of people enjoy the 7,000 acres and 125 miles of wild beauty called the Blue Hills Reservation. In the last two years that number has grown exponentially with more people than ever seeking inspiring and safe outdoor space in which to spend time with loved ones for health, peace, and healing. As a result of this increased usage, the Friends of the Blue Hills as an organization needs to grow and strengthen so it can advocate for the park for future generations.
What is the role of a Board member and who are we looking for?
We are looking for individuals to act as leading ambassadors for the organization to expand our efforts to advocate for the park, to advance our diversity and inclusion efforts, and to assist us in building relationships within our communities. We are looking for individuals who represent:
- The diversity of people that use the park: age, identity, and residency
- The diversity of reasons that people use and/or support the park: hiking, running, fishing, biking, swimming, picnicking, skiing, photography – and all forms of nature appreciation
- People with skills, interest, and experience in finance/accounting, law, land use planning, ecology/biology, advocacy, website design, fundraising and social media/marketing
What would the commitment be? Board members:
- Meet monthly; there is also an annual celebration / meeting
- Take a leadership role in at least one committee and contribute to significant initiatives
- Volunteer at events
- Support FBH financially – While there is no minimum financial commitment, it is asked that Board members become Blue Hills Champion members by contributing a monthly donation
- Help build our network by introducing us to people in your communities who can support the organization financially, join the Board, or contribute to our strategic initiatives to protect and preserve the park
By joining the Board of the Friends, you would be gaining a new family of friends who love and care for the park. We are a friendly and dedicated group who love to roll up our sleeves to help this small organization do great things.
Please notify us of your interest by email:
Board President, Matt Panucci at email@example.com
Executive Director, Judy Lehrer-Jacobs at firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo credit: Jane Li