Friends of the Blue Hills
Would you like to help build the membership of an organization that cares for one of the largest parks in the area? The Friends of the Blue Hills seeks a candidate to help grow our membership to ensure that visitors today – and for years to come – can enjoy the Blue Hills.
The Friends of the Blue Hills is a 1,000-member non-profit organization devoted to preserving and protecting the Blue Hills Reservation’s natural beauty, diverse natural habitats and many recreational opportunities.
Because the Friends of the Blue Hills does not have a central office, the Coordinator will work remotely.
Responsibilities: The Membership Coordinator will be responsible for administrative tasks associated with member communications, including:
- Prepare mailings associated with member communications.
- Coordinate mailings with volunteers.
- Organize mail-stuffing gatherings for volunteers and members.
- Data entry.
- Responsible for donor/donation entry, maintaining, reporting in eTapestry database.
- Responsible for picking up donor checks, sorting, depositing, and providing information to other staff.
- Responsible for querying, assembling, and mailing renewal, donation correspondence.
- Maintain the Constant Contact email list and send e-letters and donor acknowledgments.
- Coordinate bulk mailing printing, stuffing, and PO delivery.
- Attend events and board meetings as needed.
- Familiarity with database programs required, eTapestry and Salesforce preferred.
- Ability to follow instruction without close supervision.
- Access to own transportation.
- Ability to pick up mail at the Milton post office at least weekly.
- Interest in the Blue Hills or land protection desired.
Hours: Approximately 7 to 15 hours/week, flexible hours, some evening hours required.
To apply: send a resume and cover letter to Judy@FriendsoftheBlueHills.org with “Application for Friends Membership Coordinator” in the subject line. No calls, please.
The Friends of the Blue Hills is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, national origin, ethnic background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Photo credit: Kat Powers (Watertown)