Bats in the Blue Hills
Friday, July 12, 7:30 pm- 9 pm
Bats, our only flying mammals, are truly remarkable and often misunderstood animals. Bats are very beneficial and can eat up to 600 insects an hour. Join the DCR for an evening of bat appreciation as we learn more about these amazing creatures in an indoor lecture then head outside to look and listen for a few of these flying wonders. Email Maggi.Brown@mass.gov for registration and meeting location. Space is limited. For ages 8 and up.
Things to know before you go
- Program is free and open to the public.
- Preregistration is required for this event.
- For children ages 8 and up. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Wear sturdy footgear, carry drinking water on all hikes and dress in layers for maximum comfort. Big spray is recommended.
- Reasonable accommodations available upon request. For accessibility questions, please email Maggi Brown in advance at Maggi.Brown@state.ma.us
Call 617-727-4573 X 4 for more information.